Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vacation Preparation


Whaling Station Bay, Hornby Island
I’m in the process of getting ready for a week long holiday. This is a familiar process since we’ve already been on 2 other week long holidays this summer and we repeat this particular holiday each year. There is still something daunting about preparing for a trip like this. Food, clothing, personal paraphernalia (I love this word), boat, fishing gear, diving gear, water toys, and anything else that any of us might want to use, even for a second, that fits in our van.
Snorkeling on Hornby
 My husband, his parents, our 2 boys and I have rented a cabin together every August for the past 5 years. We choose nearby (1-3 hour travelling time) locations, partly for convenience but mostly because we live in a beautiful area; Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We’ve stayed on Pender, Hornby and Saltspring Islands and this year we are mixing it up and heading to Pacific Playgrounds in Black Creek. According to friends, this is the place to go with kids, but not without. Regardless, we’ll be spending most of our time off site at Seratoga and Miracle beach, skimboarding, cycling, fishing, hiking or farmer’s market perusing (I love local food...it makes me feel alive and bright). I’m going to add running in the morning because I really need to get back into that.
Saltspring Island
On the topic of getting back into things, I have recently gotten back into reading books about personal growth (calling this category ‘self-help’ seems too defined). I also picked up a newly released magazine called the Law of Attraction. It claims to be a yearly subscription and I would imagine they’ll need a year to fill another magazine with that much content (another limiting belief). I should have said, there is enough to read about that I’ll likely need a year to absorb, reflect and act. Anyhow, I read an article about setting your day.The jist is to start the day with gratitude (and really feel it), then move to thoughts about how you want your day to look. This idea is to generate good and positive thoughts and then use
Red Rock Crab, Hornby
these to attract events and more good and positive thoughts and events in momentum.
I am going to use this thoughtful process through the planning of our vacation. I am going to imagine everything flowing smoothly and on time. I’m going to imagine my husband enjoying the process as well. Here’s my affirmation for this: I am organized. Everything is flowing smoothly and right on time. I’m going to print this affirmation and post it in a few places. Wow, in the time it took to write this paragraph, I had about 5 negative thoughts that I replaced.  
Sandpiper Beach, Hornby Island


Well blog, thanks for being an outlet for self improvement. Here, I’m reminded to have positive thoughts about the future but also to stay focused on LIVING THE PROCESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment